Monday, September 10, 2012

Catch Up Blog

Sorry, I've been on the road with work and 14 hours in the car doesn't leave much energy or motivation for logging my workouts.  So here's what's been up lately.

8 Sep 12

Had my AF Reserve drill weekend.  I am in charge of the supplemental PT program for all of the folks that didn't pass their PT test so I had to monitor their PT session.  I got saddled with a MSgt that is supposed to be my assistant, but he doesn't understand/agree with my approach.  You see, he has the simple mindset of more is better, where I am of the Quality over Quantity approach.  My goal is to get them to pass their PT test, that's it.  Enough of my bitching.  Here's what we did at PT:

For Time:
30 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
30 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds
25 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
25 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds
20 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
20 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds15 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
15 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds
10 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
10 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds5 Hand Release Pushups
Sprint 30 yds
5 Situps
Sprint back 30 yds

Took between 7-8 min, total pushups/situps=105 and 12-30yd sprints.  Then I had to deal with the barrage of questions about why we were done so fast.  We did as much if not more than the other group.

Later that evening I went to the gym with all intentions of working out.  Started playing basketball and ended up playing for about 2 hours!  I had a couple of really good jumps between games.  And I wasn't even feeling that good.  I came really close to putting down a lob I threw to myself.  Just miss timed it a little bit.  I'm right there!!!

9 Sep 12

Rest day.

10 Sep 12

I have zero energy right now.  Tried to go through my olympic progressions but I'm just not feeling it. I'll try to get a workout in later since I'm staying home today.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment