Monday, August 27, 2012

First Workout at Home, post back injury.


27 Aug 12

First workout at home since back injury!  Decided to take it pretty easy, but I need to start picking up the pace soon.  I think the secret is going to be warming up effectively.  I used to just walk in the gym and start throwing weights around.  Those days are over!  I may have to start getting up like 10 min earlier so I can still get my whole workout in.  Anyhow, today I did Olympic Lifting.  I had plan to do some strength work as well but my back was telling me that I was done, and I got up late anyhow.

Olympic Lifting

High Hang Snatch
7 x 3 @ 65# with Rest=60s
Very explosive.  Pretty light weight, but was really focusing on getting deep into my overhead squat.  Felt pretty good once I got going.

High Hang Clean
7 x 3 + 1 Jerk @ 95# with Rest=60s
Pretty light, but it felt good anyhow.

Not a bad little workout.  Probably going to get in some Pushups and Situps at lunch too.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment