Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First time on the court since back injury.


22 Aug 12

I played basketball for about an hour.  Full court.  Played ok, the level of competition was pretty pathetic.  Had some pretty good jumps.  Even tried a dunk on a fast break, but I ended up timing it poorly and did the ole toss it up and grab the rim.  I was able to hang from the rim pretty consistently though.

Upper Workout

Bench - 5 x 5 - 135, 155, 185, 205, 205
Felt pretty good.  Still a little weak and loose, but getting there.

Dips - 3 x 10 @ 10#
Not bad.  Felt solid.

Bar Bell Curls - 3 x 10 @ 45#
Too easy, but starting back slow.

Hanging Leg Raise - 3 x 10
Not bad, but my shoulders are a little sore.

Pretty good workout.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a solid workout. and I whenever I always try to dunk i do the "toss it in grab the rim" dunk. If I can grip a ball I could dunk. do you have any ideas for strengthening my hand? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete