Thursday, November 15, 2012

After a mini Vacay

9-12 Nov 12

NOTHING!  I was traveling all weekend and didn't get a chance to workout at all.  Just a short hiatus.

13 Nov 12

Basketball Day!  Played 3 games of 4 on 4.  Not a bad sweat, but the floor was wet because the ceiling skylights condensate sometimes and drip on the floor.  So I played the first two games at about half speed.  Anyhow, it was fun and got to run.  I even attempted a dunk, but didn't commit to it because I was afraid of falling or missing my wide open layup.  Next time I'll go for it all out!  I had several good jumps, easily hanging from the rim off a short approach.


14 Nov 12

Sick.  I hate allergies.  I decided to take today off and just watch The Walking Dead.  I needed to catch up anyhow, and my throat was raw so I didn't sleep at all last night.  I feel like a bit of a slob, but whatever.

15 Nov 12

Basketball day!  We had 9 again today, which means we played 4 games of 4 on 4.  It was pretty fun.  I didn't shoot that great and I was very sluggish from being sick.  I also tweaked my ankle a bit, but I don't think it will be too bad.  I really believe that my increased lower body strength due to lifting has helped tremendously with my ankle strength and ability to recover.  I used to wear ankle braces all the time and would still roll my ankle and it would take weeks to recover.  Now, it's a matter of hours to get fully functional and a day or two before pain is gone.

I also tried a couple of jumps and found that I was jumping about as high Tuesday when I felt much better.  I think this is good because I know that I can get up there now.  Just need some practice, timing and a little more explosiveness and I'm dunking for sure!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe, came across your blog and wow.. impressed by your journey and fitness bucket list!

    Have fun with your workout/fitness goals!!

    Best, Ray
    http://adre.am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I appreciate you checking in on me. Helps keep me honest.

      Delete