Friday, October 26, 2012

Actually Got to Play Basketball!!!


26 Oct 12

Oly Lifts

1 High Hang Snatch + 1 Snatch Balance @ 95#
Every 30s for 10 rounds
Man, felt that in my shoulders a lot! Good practice in my OHS range of motion.

1 High Hang Power Clean + 1 Front Squat + 1 Push Jerk @ 135#
Every 40s for 10 rounds
I can throw the weight pretty good, but my front squat still needs work. Also, I'm so lazy when catching, I only dip as little as possible. I need to practice going into a full front squat every time.

Planned WOD
8 min AMRAP
8 Lateral Box Jumps
16 OH Walking Lunges @ 45#
24 Hand Release Pushups
FAIL!

While setting up the WOD, I did a few box jumps and realized THAT IS CAUSING MY BACK PAIN!!! I thought it was deadlifting, but every time I have felt the pain it has been after some significant box jumping! Those days just happened to coincide with deadlifting! WTC! So I didn't do the WOD, but now I have to figure out why that hurts and how to fix it.

25 Oct 12

Basketball Day!!! Actually cheated on my normal group and played at another church. It was a lot of fun. Played pretty well, had a couple of bad passes but shot pretty well. I jumped a couple of times and am easily hanging on the rim. I think I'm getting a lot out of my oly lifts. Also, I took the time to foam roll before I went to the gym and my back felt a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment