Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thursday and Friday's Activities

20 Sep 12
AM: Long Intervals

5 min warmup jog

3 x 0.5 mi intervals with 2 min rest
Did the first two pretty slowly, then the last one I left the group and did it in 3:20. Not bad. I made a girl puke, so I'm pretty proud of that.

5 min walk

PM:
Decided to take the evening off. I'm pretty tired, and I'm not sure if it's the caloric restriction I've had lately by trying to eat super clean or what but I'm still sore from Monday and I'm just tired! So, stayed in, watched tv. Took it easy.

21 Sep 12

AM:
Trained my supplemental PT group.  We did:

Pushups/Situps: 3 x 20

5 rds of 1 min ea
Burpees
KB Swings
Punching Focus Mitts
Rest

I actually just held the mitts for everyone, but that's a decent little workout.  They did really well and the burpees killed them!

PM:
Dynamic Lower Day

Hang Power Cleans
8 x 2 @ 135# - every 30s
The turn around was really fast.  Almost felt continuous, cause it took about 8 seconds to do my 2, then before I knew it I had to go again.

Jumping Practice
5 x 3 jumps
Did drop steps for two sets, then 3 step for two sets, then full run up for one.  I was not jumping very high at all!  The floor was that weird poured rubber stuff so I think that had a negative effect.  My legs were also still pretty weird feeling from the running and stuff earlier in the week.  Probably getting about 2 inches over on drop steps, 3 on 3 steps, and maybe 3.5 on a full run up.  Just wasn't feeling good and it showed.

Foot Elevated Split Squats
2 x 8 ea w/ a plate in each hand
I will not be doing these again.  I couldn't get the form right, and tweeked my left ankle a bit.  I think I'll just stick to lunges and Bulgarian Split Squats.

GHR
3 x 8
They actually had a GHD!  It was awesome to have the correct piece of equipment to do the exercise.  I could have gotten 10 or 12 but didn't want to push too hard.

Russian Twists
3 x 10 @ 50#
Used the cables and rope, I guess it was ok.  Not sure about this one either.
Gym was closing and I had lost all motivation.  I'm ready for a day off on Sunday, FO SHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment