Monday, December 10, 2012

Well, I've been slack on updating.  I have supplemented my weight training with lunch time basketball workouts.  They are pretty fun, sprints, shooting, ball handling, etc.  I also had some dunk attempts, check it out:

These were on the 10' goal.  I suck at jumping with the ball and I need to practice that a lot more.

This goal is about 9'6".  I was putting it down pretty easy on this goal.


29 Nov 12

Basketball Day!!! We had 8 and got 3 or 4 games in. It was fun. I didn't play great and was a little sluggish but it was still fun.

30 Nov 12

Power Clean + Jerk
6 x 2 - 155 EMOM
This weight was perfect. It was tough, but I could still move it fast and clean.

Deadlift
5 x 155
5 x 175
5 x 195
10 x 215
10 x 215
10+5 x 215
Big volume on deadlift just saps the energy out of me. I also planned some assistance exercise, and guess what I didn't do!!! UGH! Why do I suck at those!?!?

Side note, I'm putting a program together for my Dad who is 61. so this morning i made some videos of stuff that he will be doing, so that took some time. However, that does not excuse my not doing my assistance work.

1 Dec 12

Snatch
6 x 2 EMOM - 115
Good weight. I could throw it hard, but not lose much speed.

Press
5 x 90
5 x 105
10 x 110
10 x 110
10+5 x 110

Upper Assistance
3 rds of 10 ea
Pullups
Cable Flyes

Then I had to do PT with my reserve unit. Which is kind of a joke, so I got up early and got a workout in. We did 50 pushups, 50 situps, and a 2 mile run. Anyhow.

2 Dec 12

Rest day.

3 Dec 12

Wtd Box Jumps
24" Box - Work up to 1RM
10#, 25#, 35#, 45#
The last one was tough, but not bad.

Hang C&J
3 x 5 - 125, 135, 140
Did full range of motion front squats. Those are tough, but good for me.

Squats
5 x 140
3 x 170
1 x 200
12 x 215

GHR
1 x 10

4 Dec 12

Basketball Day!!! Got to play 4 games of full court 5 on 5 this morning! Only won one game! I'm just playing slowly. I need to put some time in on the court before our season starts up next month. I think I will start working out at lunch a couple of times a week before the season starts. I'll put together a plan that includes ball handling, shooting, and conditioning drills that take about 45 min total (so I can have time to get back to work!). I'll start tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I only tried to grab the rim once today, at the end, and easily hang with two hands. I'm also getting a lot more rebounds and blocks so I can tell I'm more explosive. Just need to get a little more!

5 Dec 12

Week 3 of Juggernaut 2.0 10's Wave

Hang Power Snatch
3 x 5 - 100, 105, 110
Felt pretty good. I am able to throw it high every time. Time to start adding more weight!

Bench
5 - 105
5 - 135
3 - 155
3 - 175
12 - 190
Felt good about that, maybe could have gotten one or two more but decided not to push it to failure.

Ring Dips
3 x AMRAP
10/10/10
Double digits every time! Boo yah! 

Once again, ran out of time to complete my WOD. I've got to get more motivated when I start off. I'm just dragging between exercises and that is wasting a ton of time.

5 Dec 12 (Cont.)

Basketball Lunch Workout

Form Shooting
40 Shots - Controlled, and focus on form. Progressively move out.
Made most of them.

Figure 8 Conditioning
4 x 30s on/ 30s off - Basically AMRAP 30 yd sprints.
7/7/6.5/6.25
Busted my butt once, had to do it on grass cause the court was wet and slick. I think I can do better, but I don't know about getting to 8 reps.

Free Throws Rd 1
8/10
Choked on one shot, just stopped focusing.

Broad Jumps
1 x 5
9', 9', 9'-4", 9'-6", 9'-3"
Didn't have a tape, but stepped it off. This is about right.

Lane Slides
3 x 30s on/ 30s off - Defensive slide across the lane AMRAP
20/20/20
Sliding a bit, but ran out of steam after about 15 or so.

Free Throws 2
9/10

Perimeter Shooting off the pass
16/30
Not bad, first time on this court.

Free Throws 3
9/10

Ran out of time, plus it was wet, and I had never done this before so I was moving a little slow from exercise to exercise. I had 5 more things planned to do, but I see now that my plan was way too ambitious. I will split my two workouts into 3 and do a different one M/W/F. Got a good sweat going and got in a lot of shooting, even if the conditions were less than ideal.

6 Dec 12

Basketball Day!!! Played with my "other" group. It was fun, we played several games of 4 on 4 full court. Played pretty well. I need to start pushing myself harder during these games so I can get in better game shape. It was a lot of fun though.

7 Dec 12

Juggernaut 2.0 10s Wave

Hang Power C&J
6 x 2 - 145 EMOM
Good weight. Felt heavy at first, but got into later.

Deadlift
5 x 145
5 x 170
3 x 190
3 x 225
12 x 235
I was shooting for 12 so I'm happy. Probably could have gotten a few more, but I'm glad I didn't. My back would be killing me if I pushed it further.

Once again, I skipped my assistance work. ugh, not sure why I always bail on them but I just do. I need to do a better job of that.

Lunch BBall Workout

Agility Ladder
3 Rds
Good warmup. Not convinced on these yet, but I'll give them a go.

Fast Break Jumpers/Layups
10 Shots
I only made like 6! My heart was pounding, it really took a lot out of me! And this was a short court. I definitely need to work on running the floor!

Free Throws
10 Shots
7/10, ugh, whatever.

30 yd Sprints
6 Reps
3.44 s was my fastest. Not sure of the distance though, stepped it off and ran it in the grass. 

Spider Dribble
3 x 30 s
Pretty tough. Had a good sweat going and slowed down a lot by the end of each set.

Free Throws
10 Shots
3/10
WTC!!! I guess my arms were tired from the dribbling drill.

Perimeter Moves
30 Shots
15, I think. Lost count. Tried to mix it up. I did a lot of jab steps, pullups, crossovers, etc. I also got some good dunks in. The goal was about 9.5' I think. Didn't measure it. I had to work hard to dunk it, but by the end I got it with two hands off a drop step.

Free Throws
10 Shots
8/10
Wasn't too tired on these and was able to relax. 

Pretty good little workout. I was actually late getting back to work though so I need to time it better. Try to get out there earlier.

8 Dec 12

Juggernaut 2.0 10s Wave

Snatch
6 x 2 - 120 EMOM
A little heavy but not bad. My back is pretty sore from deadlifting or so much jumping yesterday. Maybe a combination of both.

Press
5 x 85
5 x 100
3 x 115
15 x 125
Felt good about that, but my back is pretty tight. Tried rolling and stretching but I'm going to need a day or two to let it loosen up.

I once again punked out on my assistance work. In my defense, my back is pretty sore, and I don't need to push it. Still feel like a punk though.

9 Dec 12

Rest Day. Did 100 pushups, just messing around with my little girl.

10 Dec 12

Juggernaut 2.0 8s Wave - Week 1 - Day 1

Box Jumps
6 x 3 - 24" EMOM
Felt good, tried doing them while landing on straight legs. My back is still a little tight.

C&J
5 x 3 - 115, 120, 125
Threw it as high as possible. Easily catching in front rack.

Squat
4 x 8 - 195
1 x 8+4 - 195
Felt pretty good about these too. My back is still pretty tight and sore, but I think it's getting better.

GHR
3 x 10
Figured out a good way to do these (finally). I put some foam on my squat rack which helped with doing these a lot.

I think I figured out what is aggravating my lower back. I have been doing a lot of jumping (compared to normal) on concrete. Just need to allow for more recovery.


10 Dec 12 (Cont.)

Lunch BBall Workout


NBA Agility Test
5 reps - 11.35 s, 10.94 s, 10.87 s, 10.16 s, 10.22 s
Felt pretty good about these.  Not bad.

Free Throws
7/10
ahhh

Fast Break Layups/Jumpers
6/10
These are still pretty tough for some reason.

RVJ Check
3 attempts
Highest=30"

SVJ Check
3 Attempts
Highest=24"

Suicides
3 Reps - 23.88 s, 24.06 s, 24.12 s
The court I use is pretty short, probably only 65 ft long as opposed to a full 90 ft court, so take these times with a grain of salt.  Whew!  Those suck!

Free Throws
9/10
More like it!!!

I also did several dunks on the 9'6" throughout.  It was fun, and I'm hoping that will help me get over a 10' goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment