Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Still Working


9 Jan 13

Snatch
1 Power Snatch + 1 OHS
EMOM for 7 minutes
95-95-105-105-115-115-135
I really need to practice OHS, man I feel uneasy in the hole. Off balance and unstable.

Bench
5 x 135
5 x 175
5 x 5 x 195
Not bad, felt good just a lack of motivation. Another lack luster morning, seems to be a rash of those. I will do a WOD at lunch if I can.

8 Jan 13

Basketball Day!!! Well my normal group didn't show up so I only got to play in two games at the other gym. It was fun, and I played ok, I just have to take it pretty easy with those guys cause they don't even have one person that can keep up with me. Not trying to sound too conceited but my group has a couple of guys that are as in as good shape as I am, so I can go as hard as I want. But this other group has a couple of decent shooters, but no real players, at least not for a long time. Still fun, and a bunch of nice people.

7 Jan 13 Cont.

Lunchtime WOD

Warmup
Double Unders
5 x 15
Got the last one unbroken! I love my new jump rope!

Helen - Scaled
3 rds
400 m run
21 KBS - 30#
12 Pullups
10:45
Whew!!! Cut 4 min off my previous time. Granted I used a lighter KB but i never had problems with those before so I dont think it would have slowed me down that much. Good lunch workout.

7 Jan 13

Juggernaut 2.0 - 5s Wave - Squat Day

C&J
3 x 1 - 45#
2 x 1 - 150#
2 x 1 - 170#
3 x 1 - 180#
8 x 1 - 135#
It's amazing how light 135 felt, after 180. I was able to catch 180 really high, I know that's sort of cheating but it felt good to just sling it up!

Squat
5 x 135#
5 x 205#
5 x 225#
4 x 5 x 235#
ah, not my best performance but I'll take it.

I've got to figure out a better way to manage my time in the morning. I finished right at 6 which left me no time for assistance or conditioning.

6 Jan 13

Was supposed to have basketball practice with my team, but the wife veto'd that so I just stayed home.

5 Jan 13

Juggernaut 2.0 - 5s Wave - Press Day

Hang Power Snatch
EMOM 10 x 2 - 115#
Felt heavy by the end, but not bad. Tried to focus on not spreading my feet after the jump/pull and bending my knees. I really to start pulling from the floor and working on my OHS.

Press
4 x 5 - 140
1 x AMRAP - 140 (10)
Not bad, first sets felt heavy but I was cranking on the last one.

Once again, I just didn't do anything else. This is where going to a box would really help me. You can't just punk out when everyone else is there working hard. I need to find a way to get motivated in the mornings. I have problem doing my Oly lifts and main lifts, but I can't seem to do anything else. I take forever between sets, and warming up, but I think that's my excuse to not do anything else that I "run out of time".

4 Jan 13

Juggernaut 2.0 - 5s Wave - Deadlift Day

Hang Power C&J
12 min to est. 1RM
45, 95, 135, 155, 165, 175, 190 - PR
 http://board.crossfit.com/images/cnome/smilies/pepper.gif
That is a PR for all types of C&J. I know I can do 205 if I can just get under it. 1 x BW here I come!

Deadlift
4 x 5 - 225
1 x AMRAP - 225 (8)
First sets felt heavy, but the last one felt easy. Could have gone to 12 but didn't want to push it. Back is still a little testy, but hurts more in dynamic movements.

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of days like that where I lack motivation and it takes forever to get through sets. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get moving. I seems like my energy is always at it's highest at the beginning of a new program or routine; that usually last a good 3-4 weeks.
    Keep it up! Also, how have you learned the technique for the Olympic lifts? Coaching, DVD's, books? I still struggle with those lifts and am looking for a way to improve that's short of hiring a trainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youtube is a great asset with learning the lifts. There are a lot of good instructional videos. Look up Coach Burgener, he has great instructional videos. I would record myself and then watch it to correct my form. Also, start incredibly light, like using the bar or even a pvc pipe. Also, one of the first things to learn is how to ditch the weight if you have to. Anyhow, a coach is not a terrible idea but it can be expensive.

      Delete